17" Viewsonic LCD tv/monitor model:VLCDS24517-1W

17" Viewsonic LCD stereo tv/monitor (with PIP and tons more),model:VLCDS24517-1W,year:May 2003.Problem:anytime any of the front vol + or - are pressed the tv's volume continously rises and does not stopped.I removed the front cosmetic plastic button assembly and noticed that if my "finger gets near" the vol + post (note:this tv does not have tact switches) the volume rises where as if my finger gets near the other function posts nothing happens. I checked the soldering around:

S3=vol + post D4=smt diode R20=smt resistor

this is driving me crazy,as soon as I re-install the cosmetic front customer plastic button assembly the vol continues to rise.Note:with remote control this problem doeas not happen if I remove the front customer plastic button assembly.

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek