12V fans query

Deep cycle batteries are not suppose to be drained more than half way down.More than that shortens the life span of those batteries. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

As an experiment with no load other than DVM , neg to neg, 12V dc , 0.2A fan , 1 foot from the nozzle of a 1KW fan then 17volt output from the fan I tried.. Must have contained segmented magnets. Turnuing the fan the other way in the airstream still produced "positive" voltage. I didn't try it any closer.

N Cook

That rather depends on the construction of the plates in the battery, which determine whether or not it is a genuine deep cycle battery, which is good to 20%, or a sponge plated hybrid which is labelled "deep cycle", but is only good, as you say, to 50% if you want a long life. Genuine marine quality deep cycle batteries, as Michael suggested he was using, should be of the former variety. The latter tend to be general leisure batteries, as far as I know.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily