1/4" phone jack replacement for Behringer 215 speaker.

** The B215 is a passive speaker -- as stated at the top of the first page of the link.

Says: " * 2 professional speaker connectors (compatible with Neutrik Speakon

The "details" tab give you a different model -- the B215D which incorporates a class D amplifier.

The OP made it VERY clear which model he was on about.

Maybe. You will perhaps forgive me for making the not-unreasonable assumption that a product sheet is supposed to be about one product, not two. (Yes, I saw the B215D model number on the Details page.)

I'm still wondering why any company would use a stereo connector for a mono circuit -- but who said the world is rational?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Hi Gareth,

I called Behringer parts back this morning and told them I received the wrong parts and why they were the wrong parts. I got a call back after some research was done and they are shipping me the correct parts this time. They can't mess this order up twice, can they? (-:

The pc board is multi-layered so I really don't want to mess with that. Let's see if the replacement parts are the correct ones.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

I received the new jacks and they were the correct ones. The speaker works fine now. I did notice one strange thing about the midrange driver. When I went to push the connectors onto the terminal block, the driver started to rotate in its mount. I didn't see any mounting screws that would hold it securely in place. This can't be normal can it?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

In my experience with Behringer, having anything of theirs operate correctly for an expected period of time is abnormal. I am not surprised they sent you the wrong part, I am surprised you apparently spoke with a live human on-shore about it.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Reply to
Klay Anderson