newbie---- DAC 4-20MA

Hi all I am new to hardware issues and I can use any help you can give me...I am working on a simple project with parallax basic stamp...I have to control a vfd that accepts 4-20ma...

Basically I was thinking to use a DAC chip controlled by the basic stamp....

the resolution at the moment is not a problem....8 bit will suffice I believe

I googled and one option I got was the AD421 but the problem is that it uses a mosfet that I cannot find anywhere the DN25D FET transistor from Supertex1.

What solutions can you suggest to my problem? Are there any alternatives both to the AD421 or the fet?

Reply to
Grenik