Crystal Source

Who is a good source for crystals for Pic microcontrollers (any family)?

Reply to
Me

Tried digikey?

Reply to
Ziggy

Generically, try DigiKey

or Jameco
for crystals but if you are looking for something like an oscillator, I found a great source in the Linear Technology LTC6900 chip. It's in an SOT-23-5 package (very small) and requires a single 0.1uF cap (which you ususally put on your oscillator anyway) and a single resistor. The resistor is used to program your desired frequency anywhere from 1KHz to 20MHz. It operates on a single supply voltage anywhere from 2.7VDC to 5.5VDC. The device runs on about 500uA. I ran a test with a PIC18LF252 operating at an external 10MHz with the internal 4X multiplier in the PLL (so the part was running at

40MHz) and an RS232 line running at 9600 baud into a HyperTerminal. The program sent a message to the serial port every second. It worked without error for the length of the test (over 6 hours).

The device cost about $1.50 each when I got 25 from Linear Technology directly.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Reply to
starfire

glitchbuster.com

Reply to
NewsClient

Me wrote in news:Xns963C99A7918A2Memecom@207.69.189.191:

Thanks for the advise. Glitchbuster looks great.

Me

Reply to
Me