ATmega8 Fuse (RSTDISBL) / Parallel programming

Hi all,

I'm having problems (re)programming the RSTDISBL fuse now that I have programmed it to be an IO port.. I have tryed as the manual says, to programm it using highvoltage parallelprogramming.! without success :(

Im using a STK500 board, and AVR studio 4.. I set the jumpers on the STK 500 as shown in the manual (page 3-12) and described on page 3-13..!

Vtarget = 5.2 Aref = 5.1 STK500 osc = 1.229Mhz ISP Freq = 3.998Khz

When I try to reprogramm (erase) the fuses I get an error telling me to chect that Vtarget and Aref are betwees 4.5 and 5.5V (They are!) and to make sure that the STK500 OSC are at least 4 times the ISP freq (it is!!)

Anyone have a good idear what to do? All I want is to be able to reprogramm the chip.. It is a bit to expencive to throw away a chip every time I have to test my program!

Thanks..

- Henning M

Reply to
Henning Mortensen