uCLinux running in flash on Palm IIIx

Hi,

I'm trying to place a custom OS on my Palm IIIx. I look at the ucLinux & LinuxDA src, and they have a jump instruction at 0x10c10400 followed by four characters "boot", followed by a WORD val of 10000. That pattern doesn't exist at that address. I did, however, find it at other addresses.

So, what gives? Does/can ucLinux actually run from flash? Does it use a custom bootloader? If so, where is it?

For the heck of it, I tried placing the above stuff at that address (along with a simple, small program), but it didn't work. :(

I really don't want to write a bootloader--if I mess up when I flash it, the unit's practically toast.

Thanks much for any help you can provide!

Jim

Reply to
Jim