updated axf image in flash

Hi all,

I am a newbie of ARM embedded programming, only worked with ARM mcu for little more than 3 months. I had a problem that at this stage am unable t solve and would appreciate if anyone can help or give suggestion.

In my application, I had a bootloader that, on device reset, it detects o network (via Lonwork's MIP) if the axf inmage should be updated. If the axf needs update, the bootloader receives and assembles the packet of the new axf file sent to it via a separate application to a RAM area, then CRC checks the file before write the updated axf image to flash RO area starts a fixed address.

The bootloader handles vectors setup, remap, and read/write to and fro the flash and start the application etc. The axf file is compiled and linked separately using ARM Project Manage from C codes without any ARM asssembly remapping and setup as this ha already been done by the bootloader

So far, I have the bootloader works as intended and verified that th updated axf image has been correctly written to the flash area a intended. However when the bootloader jumps to the address where the (updated) ax file begin to execute the application, nothing happens. That is the application does not run. If anyone has any solution o suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Victor

Reply to
victorlu

Hi all I found out what the problem was. The entry point to the image of m application which I compiled separately was almost always NOT at the star of the image as I assumed (dangerous assumption). Every time th application recompiled with minor alteration, the address of entry poin of its image changes and is indicated at the end of the listing. What I d is to pass this entry point address from the external app and stored it i a location in flash. When I am ready to execute the application, I rea the entry point address from this location and jump to it. It works o now.

Cheers, Victor Lu

on

packets

Reply to