ucLinux/ARM nommu/PAGE_OFFSET?

Hello,

According to a test in mmnommu/page_alloc.c, PAGE_OFFSET must be a
multiple of
512*4K=2MB. If this is not the case, the code display the following message:
    "BUG: wrong zone alignment, it will crash"

Why there is such a limitation? Is this limitation really mandatory.

Also, it seems the VMALLOC_START (at least for armnommu port) is allocated
8 MB above PAGE_OFFSET.

Is this mandatory too, or can this VMALLOC offset be reduced?

(I have only 16 MB of memory so this 8 MB stuff is really to much for me).

At last, with 16 MB of memort, what would be an "optimal" value for
PAGE_OFFSET?

Thanks in advance for any answer

Francois Menneteau - Software Engineer, MIPSYS