timers

Hi, How can i use timers in Linux?? For ex. i need to call a function every one second. How can i do it?

Uday

Reply to
Uday Mullangi

man setitimer man sigaction

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web:

Of all possible committee reactions to any given agenda item, the reaction that will occur is the one which will liberate the greatest amount of hot air. -- Thomas L. Martin

Reply to
Wolfgang Denk

or 'man alarm'. Or maybe even 'man select'. I tend to implement my timers as part of my network event loop rather than using signals.

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel