rule engine in C

Hi All,

I'm thinking about looking at some type of rule engine for a project I'm working on. It's part of an embedded server, and it needs to respond to various types of external inputs and assert various outputs as specified by various sets of rules (e.g. "if temperature > 75F and door signal is not open then turn on this X10 device for 10 seconds). The configuration of rules can potentially be quite complex. We already have a web GUI which allows the user to configure the various rules and convert this into an XML document. There is nothing yet on the embedded side to do anything processing of the rule set.

Can anyone recommend any C based rule engines which may be adapted to do this type of rule processing, or if not then maybe offer some suggestions on how best to implement this?

Thanks.

Reply to
sean

Check out this:

I have only played with it a little bit and avalued for one application. I have not used it in any life application myself. I say it is work to check out.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/