Re: embedded linux for i86 whats the best ?

You have diffreent choices :
1- Aa patch ( or more) on your kernel : for kernel 2.4.17, you have the
preempt patch which increase the number of preemption point in the kernel or
low-lency patch ( look interesting article on
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8906594941.html page)
2- Use RTLinux which is a true Real Time Operation System  ( look
http://www.fsmlabs.com )
3- Use RTAI

The RTAI and RTLinux are true RT OS in opposite to patches which are a
divided time kernel with few increasing
Good luck
Laurent

usb

Re: embedded linux for i86 whats the best ?

I ordered one of these things 3 days ago and paid for it with PayPal, but
haven't even gotten an email acknowledging my order.  Has anyone done
business with these guys before?

Re: embedded linux for i86 whats the best ?

LOL, it just arrived in the mail an hour I after I wrote this!  Looks sweet
for the price.

Re: embedded linux for i86 whats the best ?
Hi Kai,
You could check the products from http://www.acrosser.com /
The below board is at very good price.
http://www.acrosser.com/104promotion.htm