Network buffers.

Hi All,

I have a unique requirement for a ethernet device. We need to DMA packets from the device which has a header associated along with the ethernet frame. I need a efficient mechanism to pass this packet to the user-space. The user-space process will process the header and provide the ifindex of the interface.

I was thinking of a circular buffer between the kernel and user space. But the issue is that after the user-space provides the map from the header to the ifindex, I need that information back in the kernel(preferably using the same buffer). I currently have the mapping(header->ifindex) only in user space and don't want to replicate the mapping in the kernel space.

Is there a better mechanism to solve this?

Thanks,

Shobha.

Reply to
Shobha