mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs

I am using multiple USBs in small Linux embedded system.
whenever I plug-In USB mdev creating the node in any of sd[a-z][1-9].
I want to map the each USB to my desired name.
As of now I am using below rule in mdev.conf
sd[a-z][1-9]* root:disk 0660 @ln -sf $MDEV USB

Now the problem with below scenarios.

1) first I connected one USB,suppose it mapped to sda1
   at this stage USB pointing to sda1
   USB->sda1
2)  when I connect next USB,suppose it mapped to sdb1
  at this stage USB pointing to sdb1
  USB->sdb1

I am missing the 1) device soft link after switch on 2).

Is there any way to map linux default drives to my desired names in
user space????

Thanks in Advance

Siva

Re: mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs
If the devices are file systems, auto-mounting according to volume names
instead of device names
is the easiest way to have them mounted to the desired mount points.

Symlinks

-Michael

Re: mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs
On Sep 22, 2:47A0%pm, Michael Schnell

Try udev. In udev u may create names as u like for ur device.

-SG

Site Timeline