ioctl call hangs -- using SuSE 8.2

I am running SuSE 8.2 Linux 2.4.20-4GB on a pc. I have a PCI card in the pc cabled with a VME card in a rack. After installing the drivers (fyi: BIT-3 Model 617 PCI/VME Bus Adapter), I attempted to communicate with the VME card thru the pc. This was not successful. The utility hangs until we power off the VME rack. At that point, control returns to the utility and it reports No Power.

The problem has been traced to a ioctl call in the utility. Once control is passed into this routine, we have no visibility into the problem and are not sure of what to try next. My Linux experience is minimal and I have even less experience debugging this type of device driver.

I am not aware of any IRQ conflicts.

The card manufacture was contacted, but since the card was purchased long ago, not much help has been forthcoming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
philip