ioctl call hangs -- using SuSE 8.2

I am running SuSE 8.2 Linux 2.4.20-4GB on a pc.  I have a PCI card in
the pc cabled with a VME card in a rack.  After installing the drivers
(fyi: BIT-3 Model 617 PCI/VME Bus Adapter), I attempted to communicate
with the VME card thru the pc. This was not successful.  The utility
hangs until we power off the VME rack.  At that point, control returns
to the utility and it reports No Power.

The problem has been traced to a ioctl call in the utility.  Once
control is passed into this routine, we have no visibility into the
problem and are not sure of what to try next.  My Linux experience is
minimal and I have even less experience debugging this type of device
driver.

I am not aware of any IRQ conflicts.

The card manufacture was contacted, but since the card was purchased
long ago, not much help has been forthcoming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Site Timeline