emdedded guide

I have a pc/104 board and i'm looking for what to do with it. I was able to identify all the ports on it except the vga or lcd so I can't boot it up. does anyone know where to find a good guide to emdedded systems development? I also want to remote boot it with tftp and I got a trail version of QNX but I've not had the chance to test things out. Is their a standard connector for the display? can I use a parts laptop LCD?

Reply to
Clifford Momoh