Best Scheduler for BTS

Hi,

What could be the best possible Scheduler design for a BTS ? Any docs/links/ideas.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

And your definition of BTS is what, exactly?

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

What the hell is a BTS ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

I asked as much two days ago, so it must not be too important.

In the cellular phone systems where we use embedded Linux in a BTS, BTS is an acronym for Base Transceiver Station. I don't have a clue if that's what the OP is asking about.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

Hi Henry, You are exactly correct, BTS - Base Transceiver System. I was sick.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

The _best possible_ scheduler design would depend entirely on your BTS hardware and software architecture. That is, which functions are allocated to the main system processor(s) and which are allocated to the DSPs, how many of them there are, the interface to them, etc.

Then there's the notion of _designing_ another Linux scheduler in the first place; have you already rejected the existing scheduling policies? When our BTS application had performance issues, we fixed those by selecting a different scheduling policy (SCHED_FIFO), not designing another scheduler.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to