Best Scheduler for BTS

What could be the best possible Scheduler design for a BTS ?
Any docs/links/ideas.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Best Scheduler for BTS
On 20 Dec 2006 05:26:33 -0800, "karthikbg"

And your definition of BTS is what, exactly?

--
Dan Henry

Re: Best Scheduler for BTS

What the hell is a BTS ?

Re: Best Scheduler for BTS
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:51:48 +0000, "Geronimo W. Christ Esq"

I asked as much two days ago, so it must not be too important.

In the cellular phone systems where we use embedded Linux in a BTS,
BTS is an acronym for Base Transceiver Station.  I don't have a clue
if that's what the OP is asking about.

--
Dan Henry

Re: Best Scheduler for BTS

Hi Henry,
You are exactly correct, BTS - Base Transceiver System. I was sick.

Karthik Balaguru

Re: Best Scheduler for BTS
On 24 Dec 2006 07:31:47 -0800, "karthikbg"

The _best possible_ scheduler design would depend entirely on your BTS
hardware and software architecture.  That is, which functions are
allocated to the main system processor(s) and which are allocated to
the DSPs, how many of them there are, the interface to them, etc.

Then there's the notion of _designing_ another Linux scheduler in the
first place; have you already rejected the existing scheduling
policies?  When our BTS application had performance issues, we fixed
those by selecting a different scheduling policy (SCHED_FIFO), not
designing another scheduler.

--
Dan Henry

Site Timeline