Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Power factor correction circuits
Power factor correction circuits are essential part of modern household power supplies. These circuit have a feature of behaving almost as a pure resistive load to the power network, and obtaining DC...

UHF reception relay
I am thinking of building some sort of device that can recieve DTV signals, amplify them, and transmit them downward. This is to deal with bad DTV reception at my house, where line of sight is poor....
19
19

Op-amp instrumentation amplifier is initial input stage of EKG and EEG instruments
Op-amp instrumentation amplifier is initial input stage of EKG and EEG instruments due to it's high impedance, very high common-mode rejection ratio, and very high voltage gain. Read more: and...

Making "Star Trek" Type "Replicators" Reality
Making "Star Trek" Type "Replicators" Reality A way to create a Star Trek type replicator might be to create a "3D printe r" which uses particle beams to print matter into the desired form. By usin g...

Voltage mode control and One cycle control
Voltage mode control is not as fast as current mode control, but it is applicable in wider load range. One cycle control if further improvement of voltage mode control. Read more.
1
1

HID ballasts: AC or DC?
Some of the vendors of automotive HID light conversion kits are saying that AC voltage ballasts are superior to DC ballast. 1555.l2649 (Scroll down to the heading "AC vs. DC".) Now that we know what...
8
8

Tripp-Lite PV1250RC. Radio Control
As I understand it, there is a remote module, which is for use when it is difficult to reach the inverter. Any details about it?

Current mode control
Current mode control is the fastest control method for switching mode power supply since it has to feedback loops. Read more:

Step-down transformer backward?
I have this transformer: model M4L-2-10, 210/230/250 primary with 115 secondary. Is it safe to use it in reverse to get 230v from 115 mains? This is in N. America. Thanks.
21
21

How to disassemble this rice cooker?
I suspect it's just a thermal fuse gone. But I can't for the life of me get it open. It seems that the bottom must come off first. No screws visible anywhere. No hidden screws (under labels) on the...
11
11

FTR
FTR Media Service is a registered media agency which is providing the media services like Advertising, Event Management, Audio / Video Productions fac ilities. The greatness of our firm is providing...

Replacing a 3ph motor with single phase
I need to provide jog function on a machine (run the motor for a few seconds under load) without use of VFD**. It was done on this small printing press Is there any inherent issue with starting an...
12
12

What's this symbol?
What is it? :: It *almost* looks like an audio connector symbol except for the arrow-thing. Ideas? Thanks, Dave
4
4

VOM max reading
I want to be able to measure the maximum voltage reading on a VOM over a given time interval, like a fever thermometer shows its maximum reading until it is "reset". Is there a cheap/easy way to do...
1
1

MIDI Expander Box
For those who use MIDI-capable musical instruments: I've got a nearly 25-year old MD 80 MIDI expander (thru) box that works fine but I've noticed that connecting the MIDI out from some devices to an...
3
3