Turn on an air conditioner after a power failure?

Hey all, I was wondering if you had some suggestions on where/how to buy/make a device like one of those cute nodding ducks - but I only want it to nod once.

I've got an air conditioner that does not power back on after a power failure. And the control unit is powered from the condensor unit, so it draws too much power to put the whole thing on UPS.

What I'd want is something to mount over the control panel, and when power is first applied to it, it presses the ON button on the control panel.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Cam

Reply to
Cam

A solenoid and a timer.
Reply to
John Fields

Yes, one ... almost all refrigeration systems and heat pumps have a time delay to prevent the compressor from restarting when the back pressure is high. The delay is usually 5 to 15 minutes. Are you aware of this?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Thanks for that Charles. No, I wasn't aware of that. The unit definitely doesn't power back on at all - we checked with the manufacturer. But I guess this extends the requirements to include a timer after power on. :)

Cam

Reply to
Cam

my does the same!

you could mount inside electronics a Ni-Cd baterry to power electronics/microcontroller when power is off (this would prevent a reset of a chip keeping the data inside IMHO ...

--
                          Regards,  SPAJKY ®
   &  visit my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com