Trouble identifying component

I'm repairing a Denon DRA-375RD reciever, and have identified the faulty part. Problem is, I'm not exactly sure *what* it is. It's in a

2-lead TO-92 package, connected in series with one of the power transformer secondaries. I'm guessing it's a resettable fuse. It's electrically open, and carefully bridging it with some resistance makes the set jump to life. Seems like the circuitry wants to pull a little over 200mA through it. The component silk-screen ID is PR401, and the only markings on the package is:

N25 H

Maybe the "25" means 250mA trip? Anyone have some information? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
acctforjunk

CATronics

Hi there these things are called IC protectors, sort of fuse yours is 'normal blow' 1 Amp see

regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

Reply to
acctforjunk

No reset if value is exceeded, fuse yes different faster. I am surprised to see one used at the transformer secondary they are rated at 50V designed to protect ICs but could work well for that transformer/circuit or maybe safety critical part? Jeff

Reply to
frontline

One time only, no reset. Basically, they are fuses in a plastic case that can be machine stuffed to lower assembly cost, and have the added benefit that they keep the end user from replacing the fuse.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida