the better OS to use for older hardware ?

based on, 2000 had everything ME did, and more.

install on a desktop.

In what way is "compact edition" different to "mini windows"? Ergo I was exactly correct.

lets you play games just as much as 98!

was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

Badly written programs often won't run in a later OS.

Reverse engineering?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Why is bra singular and panties plural?
Reply to
Peter Hucker

it's based on, 2000 had everything ME did, and more.

the

NT

the

install on a desktop.

exactly correct.

There never was a "mini windows" released by Microsoft, no matter what you think it should be called. Ergo you were exactly wrong.

It lets you play games just as much as 98!

was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

They weren't 'badly written'. They were written to the standards of the day, and for existing harware platforms. Not everything is a consumer PC. We built custom hardware for multiple platforms, from EISA to VME/VXI busses.

Not possible, and still meet the terms of the contract. No changes allowed. That meant a careful archival of the windows 2.0 and SATE software, as well as keeping a good supply of firmware compatible 386 based motherboards.

Aparently, you have never had to certify something to NASA specifications, or deal with ISO 9001 certification, or record keeping. Not only couldn't you modify the software, but the test equipment couldn't be updated. Spare test equipment had to be on hand for each item in the racks, down to the same rev level EPROMS, and option numbers.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Michael A. Terrell

it's based on, 2000 had everything ME did, and more.

the

NT

while

the

install on a desktop.

exactly correct.

You don't think compact means mini? Maybe you should buy yourself a dictionary for xmas.

It lets you play games just as much as 98!

was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

If the programmers stick to the rules laid out by Microsoft, they will run in future versions.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Confuscious say:  "Man who lives in glass house should change in basement."
Reply to
Peter Hucker

based on, 2000 had everything ME did, and more.

install on a desktop.

exactly correct.

dictionary for xmas.

lets you play games just as much as 98!

was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

future versions.

and that's bull shit, MS$ rules change like my wife's attitude.

  1. $MS can't keep a standard, they are no more innocent than third party coders.
  2. At some point, $MS Os will become useless for anything hardware serious for real work because it appears that they are pushing towards arcade and eye candy to attract those that don't know any better.

"

Reply to
Jamie

dictionary for xmas.

Maybe you should buy a clue for Christmas? Even if you feel that it has a similar meaning, that was not the product name. Your straw man is on fire.

future versions.

Really? How many languages and operating systems are you expert in? Apparently 'Pig Latin', and lame trolling are your only skills. You've never shown any signs of intelligence around here.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Michael A. Terrell

exactly correct.

dictionary for xmas.

was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

future versions.

It is a fact that if you use undocumented features of an OS, you may not have your program functioning in the next version.

Why use an ugly system if you don't have to?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days
of lore when the engines were pulled by horses.  The horses were stabled
on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight
staircases.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

dictionary for xmas.

I never said it was called that, I was describing it. It is a cut down version for little computers.

future versions.

You're the one who instead of providing any backup for what you say, just shout "troll" when you disagree.

At midnight, a middle-aged man was waiting at a train station to cross the country back east to see his relative. As he stepped up into the train car he noticed that the car was almost empty except a young beautiful nun sitting by herself reading a bible. The man sat near her hoping to get some companionship during the long ride. However, the nun was paying no attention to him. She just kept on reading the bible without even looking up to him or saying a word. As time went by slowly and silently, it made the man more and more anxious to start a conversation. But he did not know how or where to start. The man then put his hand on the nun's lap. The nun blushed with a little bit of anger. She turned round and said, "Dear sir, do you believe in god?" He replied "Yes, I do." "Have you read the Bible? You know it is wrong to put your hand on my lap. Perhaps you should go home and read line 23 on page 157." she said. The man withdrew his hand and sat quietly till the train reached the East coast. Next day, people found out that he shot himself in his room while the Bible lay open on page 157. Line 23 read: "Heaven is a little bit higher."

Reply to
Peter Hucker

dictionary for xmas.

version for little computers.

in future versions.

shout "troll" when you disagree.

I named a product I released to full production that used exactly what I said. You are either too lazy, or too tupid to look for it on line.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Michael A. Terrell

dictionary for xmas.

version for little computers.

in future versions.

shout "troll" when you disagree.

So your own product was badly written?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

When is it ok for a man to hug another man?
A. If he's your father and at least one of you has a fatal disease.
B. If you're performing the Heimlich maneuver.
C. If you're a professional baseball player and a teammate hits a home run to
win the World Series, you may hug him provided that:
(1) He is legally within the base path
(2) Both of you are wearing sufficient protection, and
(3) You also pound him fraternally with your fist hard enough to cause fractures.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

exactly correct.

dictionary for xmas.

2000 was not like NT in this respect even though it was based on it.

future versions.

your program functioning in the next version.

Sure, but what if you're using documented features that become non supported later on which MS$ has done so many times. Their word means nothing in that matter since they them self's, use undocumented features that make some of their own software unusable in future versions.

Don't have a problem with that except when it cuts into the process time of where you need to get real work done!.. In short, arcade OS'es are not welcome in the real world of getting things done!

"

Reply to
Jamie

exactly correct.

dictionary for xmas.

in future versions.

your program functioning in the next version.

Sometimes, but most often I see problems as a result of "clever" programming accessing hardware directly for speed etc.

How does Vista prevent getting things done? I find it helps me work more efficiently.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other
two hides!
Reply to
Peter Hucker