slide projector controlled by pc

Hi group,

I would like to control my slide projector with my pc. Unfortunately, the projector has no serial interface, only a connector for an AV recorder (which uses an extra track for 1000 Hz sync pulses). Can I use a soundcard to do this ? I want to switch to the next slide by some PC-command Thanks,

Gert

Reply to
Gert Everaert

If the PC is running DOS, the SOUND statement in QBASIC or GWBASIC could be used to generate the tone.

If the PC is running Windows, it's somewhat more complex ;-)

The soundcard would also have to deliver sufficient signal to drive the tone detector circuit in the slide projector - the audible "beep" is often at the peak level of the narration.

More about me:

VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code:
Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz

You can download a number of free Virtual Signal Generators that will run in the Windows environment. Try outputting the 1000 HZ tone, with the Audio output card connected to the AV recorder input. You may need to run that signal through some amplification to get it to the proper level, or the windows program level control may be enough. If that works, writing a small program in your favorite language should be easy. For instance, in VB it would only require a few lines of code to have a button output the required tone.

Reply to
scada

Back in the "good old days" we used to use a tape recorder.

Track one recorded the music/speech, the other track recorded the 1000Hz at the right point for slide change.

Great stuff!.

Regards, Gordon.

Gordon Youd