ring generation

Hi,

I have a hairbrained idea that requires ring generation when all extensions on a classical analog telephone line are hung up. Aim is to use the extensions as an intercom within a big house. Once two extensions are "off the hook" they communicate OK. Rather then stupidly duplicate ring equipment, maybe I could just 'synthesize' or fake the ring signal??

Laurent S.

Reply to
Laurent S.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spammed.out.fr mentioned...

I'm not sure of what you want to do. Post to comp.dcom.telecom.tech for some better informed telephone techs opinions.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

You don't need any such complicated (and unworkable, for a variety of reasons) ideas. There are plenty of dial intercom modules, made by Melco, TelTone, and Valcom (just to name a few) that will do an admirable job of forming the core of your intercom system.

Poke around on Ebay for things like this:

Other stuff shows up frequently. Keep in mind that you will also need an appropriate key telephone system power supply, with a ringing generator if you want to use actual ringers, such as this one:

...or this one (a bit cheaper):

Outside of that, all you need are a few phones of just about any kind you want, some wiring, and some effort.

Happy hunting.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. A.T. Squeegee

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Dev.Null mentioned...

Wow, I've got a couple of those KC-19s. I'll sell one for $20 plus shipping. Email me, but observe anti-spam measures in .sig.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

I used to repair those! I bought dead ones for $2 each, fixed about half of them, then sold them to people still using 1A2 type phone systems. I think I finally used up the last of them, but I may still have a box full of relays and the custom hybrid filters.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell