replace battery with AC adapter

I have a device that takes 4 C batteries to run. Is their something that I can buy or build to power this with just a standard home outlet so I don't eat through so many batteries.

Thanks

Reply to
drippy

1 Amp multiple voltage unit from local store - $10.

If there is no socket for it on the 'device', use two lengths of dowel with thumbtacks on one end and solder the wires to them. (You'll probably only need the two which power the unit, not all four).

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Reply to
drippy

6 Volts - or you can start on 4.5 and increase if needed.
Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Alkaline batteries produce around 1.5-1.6V per cell so x 4 is 6V.

Reply to
CWatters