Re: Using a turntable cartridge to make a pickup

I have an idea about making an accoustic instrument pickup using the

>element of a turntable cartridge. The idea is that I rip the element out >of the cartridge somehow, without damaging it, somehow wire it up so that >it responds to vibrations as it should, then wire it to guitar jack so it >can plugged into an amplifier. I should then have a pickup small enought >to be drilled into the bridge of a mandolin or fiddle. > >Any thoughts on this idea?

can be done but why? ... there a lot of cheap guitar kind a pickups to use... (I made time ago from cristal phono head a driver & pickup for homemade spring reverberation system - 20y ago - still have it)

--
                          Regards,  SPAJKY ®
   &  visit my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com