Re: Batteries Question.

>>It seems thatt he only batteries the 99 cent stores carry are the >>zinc-carbon types. Cheap, too, something like four for 99 cents. >

Cheap carbon zinc (all made in China nowdays) invariably leak or swell up -- used or not. They have very thin casing.

I'd sorta hoped that that would turn out to be the case... thanks! >I'll check out a few. > >I've found a number of sites on the Internet which do sell the >heavy-duty carbon/zinc variety. One place has Eveready AA cells at >$0.15 (minimum order is 48). >

Heavy duty carbon zinc have somwhat better capacity than the cheap standard carbon zinc, and more importantly, are steel jacketed.

I'll have to stock up, one of these days.
Reply to
H. Dziardziel