Batteries

OK i know that cold weather affects the lifespan of batteries but i never thought i would get batteries that actually dont last as long as another. I bought those Heavy Duty Batteries and they were horrible. They lasted about half as long as alkaline batteries usually last and that is in the same tempature! I wanted to warn everyone before yall fall for the advertiseing hype of the Heavy Duty Batteries! Dont let your kids down this christmas!

Reply to
apsman02

Yeah I learned the same thing about Heavy Duty batteries after I invested a small fortune in them. I thought I was saving money by using Heavy Duty batteries since they market them to be just as good as alkaline. That is definitely wrong. I was changing batteries like crazy. Then I heard a commercial on the radio about it and decided to try the alkaline. I will never use Heavy Duty again.

Reply to
crazyea6

Agreed, those heavy duty batteries are garbage compared to alkalines pure and simple. For example if you put alkalines in flashlight B and heavy duty ones in flashlight A you'd get

Flashlight A Battery won't last as long if unused for a prolonged amount of time If battery is exposed to hotter or colder temps it will shorten it's life considerably Flashlight will grow more and more dim over time Flashlight won't last as long during prolonged use

Flashlight B Battery lasts longer over prolonged amount of time when not in use Batter operates much better in hotter and colder temps Flashlight will never go dim Will last 4 times longer during prolonged use

Reply to
gnvv111

Exactly what kind of batteries are we talking about here? Are these another type of alkaline battery? Or the new oxyride batteries from Japan? Something else?

TIA,

Mark

Reply to
redbelly98

"Heavy Duty" is a new name for an old technology. Heavy Duty batteries are just carbon-zinc batteries with slightly better process technology than 30 years ago. Their shelf life is crap. Your batteries were probably half dead before you got them home. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:_c6vV7ThUkgJ:

Reply to
JeffM

Never use Heavy Duty batteries!!! They don't last long at all... I learned my lesson with my kids toys, I was constantly changing and buying new batteries.

JeffM wrote:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:_c6vV7ThUkgJ:

Reply to
jonesy