Protecting circuits from moisture

Hello all, I constructed a simple microcontroller circuit that is part of a kiosk-type information display. It will be used indoors, but until the permanent building is constructed for its home, it will have to live outside, possibly for months. It is mounted in a plastic project enclosure that has vent holes, and none of the components are particularly sensitive to moisture. It will not be exposed to the elements, but it is subject to temperature and humidity extremes.

I am concerned about corrosion of the copper-clad board and IC sockets. Is there a popular alternative to potting, such as a spray lubricant or water repelling treatment, that will protect the circuitry? I heard about a RC racing product used to waterproof motors a year or so ago; does anyone have any experience with this product or know its name?

Reply to
deneb

I'd use an IP66 rated enclosure; failing that, use conformal coating on the PCB. You can buy it in spray cans.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor