Proper safety precautions for permanent transformer-radio combo?

I have installed a car stereo in my house (don't ask why, its complicated) using a transformer. The transformer is a basic radio shack transformer with two poles, and I used alligator clips to attach to the poles and then to the appropriate wires in the harness of the radio. Everything works great, but now that I am planning on making this a permanent setup (always hooked up) I am a little worried about the safety, especially with regards to the alligator clips and the semi-open poles.

I am assuming I need some sort of enclosure to house everything, but what type of enclosure should I be looking for? What should go in the enclosure? Just the transformer and the end of the wiring harness, or the complete system?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Reply to
hanish123