parts lists

I know there are websites that archive manuals for many different devices. What I'm wondering is whether there are similar websites that have parts lists for a lot of electronic devices. If one has a particular device, one can sometimes get information from the manufacturer, but I'm talking about sites other than manufacturers' sites.

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

It isn't clear exactly what you're looking for, but a "parts list" is normally included with the manufacturer's service (or repair or maintenance) manual. No one other than the manufacturer has any motive to compile an exhaustive list of components.

Reply to
webpa

Some people have websites that have manuals of different kinds for different devices. So, I thought someone might think it worthwhile to have parts lists archived at websites. One application of such archives would be to help people who like to scavenge parts from discarded electronics, so that they have more of an idea what to look for when they want a particular part. But the idea goes beyond electronics. E.g. I saw a website

I think) that has among other things a home made record player whose spindle was made out of a certain part of a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Maybe the guy just happened to know everything about Harley Davidson's but for someone who doesn't it would be helpful to have a resource that let's you know, among other things, that these motorcycles have a part with certain shape and dimensions.