Need some advice concerning TV sets ready for surround sound

Hello, I've been out of the TV market for several years and its about time for an upgrade. I'm looking for a TV that comes with outputs that would plug into a surround sound system. I don't know much about the various connections available now. Do they normally use RCA type plugs, Svideo plugs or? Also, I'm having a difficult time when looking at TVs. A lot of them show that they have various INPUTS but don't talk much about their output capabilities. Can anyone recommend anything that they have used or found while shopping? I'm wanting a 27 - 32 inch screen, possibly LCD. And a recommendation for a surround sound system would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

-- Brian

Reply to
Brian O

an

into

Also,

Thanks

First find out what sound system is being broadcast with the channels you intend to watch. It can be different in different countries, Analog vs Digital, Terrestrial vs Sat, Cable? etc There might not be any point hooking up a fancy sound system if only stereo is being broadcast.

Then decide if you want/need a TV with a built in reciever or if you have to use a seperate TV and reciever. For example if you want cable TV you normally need a seperate reciever box. Similarly in some countries if you want to watch High Definition TV channels from Sat you may have no choice but to use a seperate box. These boxes will normally have all the outputs you need. Typically on RCA/Phono.

Go see a few TV in stores and note the models and picture quality. Search the web for the specs, read the mags. The info is out there.

Reply to
CWatters