Narrow Bandwidth Television

Is there anyone out there interested in this?

Reply to
Zoe

Radio amateurs are. You could search the ARRL website and slow-scan tv and such.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

and

I'm intersted, but more reading about rather that building nowadays. I built my first televisor/camera back in around 1980/81. It was based on a 12" record, a neon indicator valve and a selenium photocell about 1" square and around 32 cheap plastic lenses. A small transistor amp based on a BC 108 in a tobacco tin gave me a bit more gain and I recorded all my "programmes" onto audio tape. I always had sync problems and the picture splitting. At one point, I tried to transmit a "live programme" to a mate with another televisor/camera via CB radio. Guess what, it failed. We put it down to the bandwidth being 12 KHz and the CB channel only being 10KHz. Nothing to do with noise, QRM or a complete lack of sync pulses. Hope to help you best I can. Best of luck. Mark H. (Failed John Logi Baird wannabe!)

Reply to
Vidor Wolf