Multicomp

Multicomp products are listed in Farnell. Is there a website for Multicomp or is it one of these badged faceless names? Can anyone please help?

Reply to
Fred

Multicomp = multiple companies/sources. They are usually cheaper than the branded parts. Sometimes a cheaper multicomp part may be identical to a more expensive branded one listed somewhere else in the catalogue. You may be able to tell the actual brand by checking out the PDFs in the web site and by calling them.

cheers, Costas

Reply to
Costas Vlachos

please

more

No.

I did a lookup on

and it shows that Farnell own the trademark.

Reply to
Fred

the

and

They may own the trademark "Multicomp", but what it really means is that the parts may come from MULTIple COMPanies. That's what the name is used for. The last Multicomp part I purchased was a small brushless cooling fan, which was made by SUNON, a well-known fan manufacturer.

Costas

Reply to
Costas Vlachos

The Newark catalog (USA) also has Multicomp as a supplier (with a logo). Many part numbers have become unavailable. I couldn't find any info outside the catalog.

Until I heard you say Farnell, I assumed it was like Newark and SPC or Grainger and Teel (house brand).

Reply to
JeffM

Newark and Farnell are effectively the same company.

Reply to
Fred

Farnell took over Newark in the mid 1990's. Win Hill got their catalogue for the first time in the middle of a thread on precision resistors back in 1996, and was very happy to be able to buy 0.1%

15ppm resistors of the shelf in small quantities (one's for axial lead parts, fives for 0805 SMD's in the 2002 Farnell catalogue - thanks to Frank Bemelman!).

In Europe we can buy Motorola ECL in small quantities from Newark via Farnell, which is similarly helpful.

------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman