mic feedback & tone control IC's

Hi all,

trying to cure for mic feedback, have the idea of cutting down on some frequencies which maybe help prevent it. I am looking for tone control chips or graphics equalizer IC's, there does not seem to be anything on the market past audio cpu's which need I2C programming etc, a bit over the top for a simple device... I could build one using small op amps and various values of caps, which will probably end up doing, but before I invest in the PCB area (and assembly time) I wonder if anyone has spotted any simple dedicated chips around ?

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
exxos

Acoustic feedback is usually controlled with a notch filter.

JeffM

the pros use a 1/3 octave graphic equaliser to do that.

there are typically many different feedback paths in any situation that's whay they use the expensive 20 channel graphic equaliser.

no. but another route to try is frequency shifting.

if the mic is not to be used a purpose where Hi-fidelity is essential. shifting the frequency up 10Hz or so will defeat a lot of feedback. There was a project in PopTronics or EA, or Silicon Chip >15 years ago that did that.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

ahh, looks like that will do the job, things have so many names its hard to keep track at times :-\

Chris

Reply to
exxos

hmmm, interesting idea, am totally clueless with that, but should make a nice google session, something to look into for sure.

Chris

Reply to
exxos