LED chaser

Hi I'm pretty new to this, but I've built a simple sequential LED chaser circuit in the past using a 4017 chip to sequentially make about 8 LEDs flash. Now I need to do this again but with around 20 LEDs. Is it possible to cascade two or more 4017s to do this? Is there an easier way? Any help in pointing me to a reference or a circuit would be most appreciated Thanks Damong

Reply to
Damon Greives

Pin 12 of the 4017 is carry out. It has been a while but if I recall correctly, the carry out goes to the next 4017 and the last output of the 4017 need to send a HIGH to the first 4017's reset line (pin 15)

You may need to use 3 to get 20 LEDs as output #21 would be the one to send reset.

--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Reply to