joining 4060's

to get a certain frequency output I have joined 2 4060 IC's, feeding the clock input on the first by a crystal oscillator and then taking the last output into the clock input on the second. based on the crystal I have, my output from the first IC on pin 3 should be 300 Hz, but feeding this into a stepper motor control I get one pulse a second or so. Other outputs on the first IC produce various speeds that "sound" about right (the motor spins rather than clicking slowly round), so I dunno what I'm missing. How should the daisy chain be configured? I connected the MR to earth on the second IC and now the motor stutters unpredictably so maybe that was a wrong step, but does the second 4060 need any other components?

I was following the suggested layout at the bottom of

but my crystal is

4.9152Mhz. Thanks James
Reply to
JamesB

Never mind all that crap you're spouting about your failures, what
is it that you want to accomplish?
Reply to
John Fields

my

I am basically trying to feed a stepper motor control circuit with a certain speed pulse. For my application, the motor speed is important. As it turns out, I've sorted the problem now anyway - the earth wire to the first IC on my test circuit had a dodgy connection which explained the odd behaviour but thanks for your help anyway.

Reply to
JamesB

--
Happy to have helped.