Insulation voltage in spec EN61558

Hi,

My historic Tek 547 scope developed a short in the main transformer between CRT filament winding and shield. I'd like to put in a separate transformer to fix it, but it needs to be able to withstand the -2 kV on the secondary indefinitely. The ERA type EI42 potted transformer seems Ok for size, but is specced according to "EN61558¨. I cannot find what this means regarding allowable voltages. The ERA site only refers to this spec also. If anyone can tell me what the spec says about allowable voltages between primary and secondary, I'd be grateful. Of course, if you know that this type of transformer is acceptable or not, that'll be even better. Any other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks, Mat Nieuwenhoven

Reply to
Mat Nieuwenhoven