Identifying LCD dispaly

I have a handful of LCD displays I'd like to try and make use of but despite hours of googling I can't come up with anything.

Actual LCD size 100mm by 32mm. CM-551-E on the PCB and a sticker with

801-31HE.

One OKI M5238 7603 chip and 3 OKI M5839B 7804 chips. Only ten connections (of which two look like power) at one end of the PCB but another 7 PCB pads at the other end labelled as VSS, V1 through to V5 and VEE.

From my limited knowledge, I'm guessing it would need a controller chip as

10 connections minus two for power only leaves 8 whereas displays with the good old 44780 have 8 data as well as R/W, RS and E.

Any pointers very welcome.

Reply to
Periproct