how to control an inkjet catridge?

Hello, Might someone happen to know a way to control the inkjet cartige with pulse signals instead of the computer? would like to build a circuit for that purpose. I want to be able to "shoot" ink droplets from all the nozzles at the same time. I need to know how to operate each of the pizo crystals, and

then to operate them all. I guess I can measure the electrical signal coming from the contacts that match up with the ones on the cartridge, but always much easier, if someone already has that information... Thanks, Hanan.

Reply to
hananl

You need to know which type of head it is. Some are piezo but many are thick film heaters types (e.g. HP). Some are driven directly and some have a built in serial to parallel register which reduces the number of connections.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-appear+*-proper-answer-*-*-*-given+much-easier-*-*-*-*-what's-going-on+*-frowned-on+*-correcting+*-polite-*-mention-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+Just-because-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-does-not-mean-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-Followup-To-*+*-*-*-too-lazy-*-*-*-*-*-appropriate-*+*-*-_perfect_-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-two-groups-*-*-aren't-*-different

Reply to
JeffM

The HP inkjet i know of uses no crystals,but a surface mounted resistor.The resistor heats,a steam bubble forms just below a hole,pusing out a drop of ink. That cycle can be repeated several hundred times per second. Because you are using a current pulse big enough to almost blow the resistor , your electronics has to be very accurate and stable.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

hey, I know than canon and hp heats transisotrs, but i don't want that,, i want something that doesn't require heat. for that - epson uses apatent they wrote, using pizo -electric crystlas.

Reply to
hananl