Enamalled copper wire

Ladies and Gents,

A collegue of mine in our workshops needs a long length of 0.5mm enamelled copper transformer wire, but really long (approximately 2km single length). Does anyone know where in the UK this can be purchased?

Bob

Reply to
Bob_

Call "The Scientific Wire Company" of 18 Raven Road, London, E18, on 020

8505 0002. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

ATB - Dave

In article , Bob_ writes

David C.Chapman - Chartered Engineer. FIEE. ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHAPMAN ASSOCIATES is a Consultancy offering practical expertise and design skills in the fields of counter-surveillance, electronic protection and security. Visit our Web site at

David Chapman

Why?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I have a 6.3 Kg drum of 0.4mm diameter enamelled wire, may well be wrong but for that gauge about 0.466 Kg per mile

N Cook

--
Hey asshole, if you can't help why don't you just shut the fuck up
instead of asking stupid questions?

Because if you don't ask you won't find out and you'll wind up a totally ignorant dumb f*ck like you.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I was out by a factor of 4 The formula is lbs of copper per mile = d*d/62.4 where d is diameter in thou or mil

N Cook

Hmm, someone in my workshop needs 2km of transformer wire.... now why would someone want transformer wire..................

Doh!

Reply to
Bob_

Hi Y`all,

Bob was asking on my behalf for the wire. As it seems that people are interested why....

Two words,

Tesla Coil.

:-)

Paul

Bob_ wrote:

Reply to
pgmarchant

Logical. Reasonable to want no splices in it.

But ISTR seeing models with splices tucked into the inside of the former.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--- You have to ask why he wants so much of a certain diameter wire (or maybe you don't care about the diameter and you're asking about the length, or maybe you don't care about the length but you're asking about the diameter? and then with just a "why?"?

One would think that if a genius like you had anything in mind other than just making noise he would have phrased his question in a more detailed manner.

Perhaps inquiring as to the nature of the application? Nahhh... It's like all the stupid questions you ask; you don't care about the application or the tech of it, all you're doing is fishing for minutiae that you can try to use to bring folks down with.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

--
Hmmm... A transformer!!!

BTW, please bottom (or inline) post. It keeps everything so nicely
chronological :-)
Reply to
John Fields

Why would I want to behave like a complete asshole such as you? YOU are the one who goes and tracks people's IP addresses back in a desperate effort to find out where they live so you can use that to bully them. Over and over you have shown yourself for what you are, a stupid nasty bully, a malicious fool and a blowhard.

Why is a perfectly reasonable question in a public forum. But perhaps your ego doesn't allow you to stop and ask the most obvious questions. What a dreck of a person you are.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
So, if I answer the question then I'm admitting to being an asshole?

Are you trying to be clever? It won't work.

The answer is, of course,: "You _shouldn't_ try to act like the kind
of asshole you think _I_ am, you should act like the kind of asshole
_you_ are."
Reply to
John Fields

Yet IT IS YOU WHO LOOKS PEOPLE'S IPs UP SO YOU CAN ABUSE THEM.

NOT ME.

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you are not only an asshole, a hypocrite and a liar, you are also everything you accuse everyone else of being.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not to join in on your little charade, but i also can track your IP/Address ! Does that mean i also go into the same category ?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Here is the difference: I don't care!

I prefer to argue ideas, not engage in ad hominem attacks, although I will defend myself vigorously against thugs and bullies.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
Geez, Homerde, why are you going postal when you said you had no
emotions regarding moi in one of your earlier posts?  Short memory

--
Yeah, right! That's why you're being so blasé about the whole thing.
Reply to

Pot. Kettle

And yet I have never lost one of them.

No. I came here expecting a pleasant discussion of electronics. Instead I found 4 or 5 stupid bullies ranting their mindless rage at everyone else here, esp. if they refused to accept stupid notions that the reactionaries are always -- or ever -- right about anything.

If that's what you want I'll return it - in spades. It is annoying, however, that I constantly have to wash your blood off my knuckles. Still, you're the one with the bloody nose.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson