Do a 160 gig hard drive work with a PIII 667 mhz ?

Hi

Do a 160 gig (a WD1600jb from Western Digital) would work with my PIII

667 mhz ?

I think to buy a WD1600jb hard drives.

And, what is the difference between a Celeron and a Pentium processor (Celeron processor seem not very popular) ?

Thank

Gaetan

Gaetan Mailloux

Given the age of this CPU, it is unlikely that a supporting motherboard will be able to recognize 160 GB harddisks. Identify your motherboard and try to locate the most recent BIOS upgrade.

Celeron is a low cost edition. It is around 50 till 60% of the full price and delivering some 20% less performance.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

The mad thing is with this, is I had a PIII 533 and a celeron 500mhz (I think) the PIII took 2 hours to render a image, and the celeron did it in

20mins! motherboards come into it a fair bit, but still shocked me!

Chris

Reply to
exxos