Data transfer throu phone line

Hi, I need to get the count of mechanical counter like used in spending machine. And when requested in main computer get the count using a phone line.

Can someone give a suggestion, any device that could help me?

Thank you. W.S.

Reply to
PowerOne

How simple does it have to be?

How cheap does it have to be?

Easy if you can set up a PC at the remote end.

What matters more..the manpower to design and build it or the final cost of the parts?

There are lots of data loggers with modem capability..

Google can find them easily. Examples...

CWatters

It's very simple, I only to store 3 different counts and send it when requested.

Very cheap.

I can have a PC and develop the software to make a resquest and get the data in one but in the other side must be a little device.

I want a electronic card that can store the counts and make the interface I don't want to build this card.

The data logger I have found have a high price.

Reply to
PowerOne

Should be able to find a development board for a single chip micro with an onboard modem.

Reply to
CWatters

--
Your system needs to do this:

    LOCAL END                      FAR END

go off-hook
detect dial tone
dial remote number -----------> detect ring
listen for DTMF #...            go off-hook
detect DTMF #  detect DTMF #
receive DTMF data
Reply to
John Fields