CX-1209/U

I have an RT70A/GRC that needs a power connector I think that this particular radio has never been used sinceI bought it back in the mid '70's and I have not had it powered ip for the lack of proper connectors or power supply. Now that I have power supplies to power it, I need the connector and cable to make it work.

Reply to
James F. Mayer

While you should be able to purchase a mating connector from any of the major suppiers of MS connectors, assume their cost to be between $20 and $100 for a typical connector new. You start by noting the MS number on the shell, and another on the connector insert. Newark Electronics or other supplier should be able to match it with the mating MS device.

Unfortunately, the likelyhood of your picking up a mating connector on the surplus market is vanishingly small.

I'd personally suggest that you simply replace the connector on the RT70A/GRC with an inexpensive, commercial connector.

The reason that I suggest this approach is because years ago I purchased a BC-1335 transceiver for $24.95, but the 3-pin MS power connector that it required cost me over $30...and that was in circa

1972.

Good luck and kindest regards, Harry C. (ex K2JEZ)

Reply to
hhc314

I found some at Fair Radio, new, unused. $17.00 a pop for the whole harness. I'm going to get 2.

Reply to
James F. Mayer