compact fluorescent questions

I looking for detailed circuits for 12 volt DC input compact fluorescent ballasts. Please email any links etc. Thanks.....

Reply to
Tripple X

There are lots of these circuits on the web.... Try google. Below are a few good ones:

This page contains lots of different circuits:

This page contains a powerful but inefficient circuit:

For a small lamp just use the "single transistor flyback driver circuit" and power an iron core transformer in reverse (step up opperation) This won't work for large lamps becuase you will lose to much power in heat.

Reply to
tom

Lot of detail presented by someone who actually builds the stuff.

Newsgroups
default

I posted some links a while ago.

Here is a link to goolgle groups article since I haven't figured out how to link directly to the usenet article with Knode yet.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Much appreciated to all who replied! Thank you...

Reply to
Tripple X