Cockroft-Walton question.

I do not recommend this approach.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Well, duh, it's absolutely a matter of the power supply. Duh.

You impart kinetic energy to your reaction mass. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction [whoa, dudes! The Philosophizer just had a huge metamental rush there!].

It's not like the air you're shoving down is pushing against other air - it's pushing against the underside of your propellor/impeller/ rotor/electrode! Think of the people in Newton's time, contemplating a rocket: "Push against your own ass? Preposterous!" But, yes, to move something, a force has to be applied to it, and that force has to come from somewhere, and that would usually (in the experience of every living being there's ever been since the beginning of time) be The Power Supply.

Dewd, gotta go have another hit... %-}

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, not the electric levitation kind, but there have been self-powered untethered craft that have got up off the ground.

ISTR it required copious amounts of input power, such that keeping the craft supplied with fuel was the primary major issue.

Oh! I got it! These lifter crackpots are looking for antigravity!

Well, hell, just get in touch with your own atoms and their gravitic field, and ask your own personal gravitic field and Mother Earth to do a levitation trick. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, unlike me, who, whin I admit the error of those I don't like,, wuh-oh! freudian los sof track of what the fck point I was going to make. Oh! Yeah. Take My REality! PLease! And then three was some gag in threr about error and those I don't like.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. I'm happy to admit the errors of those I don't like, but they so seldom admit to their own! ;-P I'm more than happy to point out the error of your ways. It's just that there's approx. 6E9 ways to be wrong, and only one o fme. )-; ...... Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and his tend. heh! Hit Send!

'Kay! Bye!

Reply to
Rich Grise

Heck, Win, I can't even diagram the sentence! %-}

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise