Car/Auto inline aerial filter...

Hi,

I'm looking at the internals of a car aerial in-line filter (noise suppression). It has a coax input& output & another white lead... Should the extra lead go to ground, earth or where?

It's a passive filter with a 10nF ceramic cap between input & output, and what looks like a 5.6uH & 2.6mH & 22uF 50V cap in series between input & ground. At the junction of the 22uF cap & 2.6mH inductor, there is a tap to a 2.2uH inductor, the other end of which is connected to the white lead. I hope this makes sense.

I'm pretty sure of the component values - I checked then with an Atlas LCR meter (good enough for this job).

What's this extra white lead for?

Thanks

Reply to
Mike Deblis