About shift registering in a DAC circuit

Hello

Mr Paul Tessier, in this diyaudio thread, show a merge of the digital CS8412 section of a NOS dac with the shift register part of the Cambridge DAC3 schematic who do some shift registering to give 4x oversampling. I find that this schematic could be quite easy to made.

Anybody know if it would work correctly, without the 7220, in a non-oversampling mode, and give the correct timings/shifts and bit clock shifting result ?

Making a test board, how can we see on a scope, if, without the 7220, this schematic do give the correct timings/shifts and bit clock shifting result ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to