Wanted: I2C RAM pre-loader VHDL module

Hi,

Since the Actel RAM modules cannot be preloaded a program time, I need a module that will read data from an I2C serial EPROM and load up the block RAM.

Actel has an ap note on doing this, but they did not include any VHDL code. I hate to re-invent the wheel.. does someone have a RAM pre-loader module to share?

Thanks in Advance, Scott scd -at- teleport -dot- com

Reply to
scd

"scd" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:RhpBe.4854$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

dont be lazy and just download the vhdl source code from Actel website, its there!

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I'm a big I2C fan but in this case I'd go for SPI.

The SPI is simpler and faster.

Some people have made very large serial memories and I note that they have chosen SPI.

When transferring a lot of bytes, a few microseconds on each soon adds up...

Reply to
Kryten