V.34 Modem IP core

any IP vendor out there who supply hard/soft core for V.34 Modem?

Reply to
GX

V.34 is normally (probably always) implemented in software. You could put any DSP core (or RISC core with DSP capability) into your FPGA or ASIC, and run a V.34 implementation on it.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Thanks for your response.

After googling, I have found lot of Single chip Modem ASICs. like, MN195006 from Panasonic.

Did anyone integrated the functional equivalent of these single chip modem chip in to FPGA/ASIC/SoC?

-GX

Reply to
GX

I wrote:

The answer is still the same. The MN195006 is almost certainly a mask programmed DSP, or perhaps an ASIC containing a DSP core and ROM.

You can certainly put a DSP core into an FPGA, but there's not likely to be enough block RAM for all the code for V.34, so you'll need external memory. In an ASIC, it's possible to integrate the whole thing, as the MN195006 shows.

If the MN195006 does what you need, you're almost certainly better off buying that and interfacing it to your own design, than trying to integrate a modem yourself. Unless you expect volumes well over 100K units, the integrated approach will be significantly more expensive.

If you really think you want to do it, there are companies out there that will be happy to sell you a license for a V.34 software implementation, which you can then use in your FPGA or ASIC. Do a Google search for "v.34 soft modem" and several turn up.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Thanks very much Eric. This helps me a lot.

-GX

Reply to
GX