Reed solomon IP core

Hi all, Looking at the Xilinx IP core documentation I found only 2 versions of reed solomon decoder implemented on Virtex-5 (RS decoder version 6.1) and Virtex-2pro (RS decoder version 5.1). I need to know how this IP core will consume (LUTs, slices, Block RAM/FIFO, Frequency) if it is implemented on virtex-4 (xc4vfx12-10ff668 or XC4vlx100-11ff668). Any documentation will be helpful. Thank you.

Reply to
nezhate

Have you tried getting an evaluation license from Xilinx? Once you have that, you could build it yourself in your technology of choice...

Just remember, the evaluation product will not run for very long. (We accidentally build an FPGA with it, and wondered why the decoder stopped working after several hours....)

Reply to
jtw

I didn't try to get an evaluation license from Xilinx. Thank you for your helpful information. Nezhate.

Reply to
nezhate